Investment Education & Planning
Retirement education is essential to helping your participants plan for their retirement. The tools and tips below are designed to provide participants with the education they need to understand the benefits of participating in your retirement plan.
Retirement Savings Videos
Choose from seven videos that are designed to educate your employees specifically on the benefits of attending an enrollment workshop, investing in a retirement savings plan, the importance of diversification, investing during a volatile market, saver's credit, and having a 10% savings goal. Highly informative and entertaining, these unique electronic tips stress the value of planning for retirement.
401(k) Day is a great time to explain to your employees how a company-sponsored retirement plan can help them maximize their opportunity for a secure retirement future.
Targeted Educational Materials
- The 10% Savings Goal promotes the benefits of increasing contributions.
- Do Small Changes Make a Big Difference explains how small contributions over time can add up to a healthier retirement savings.
- The Saver's Credit explains how you can pay less in taxes and save more for your retirement.
- Catch-up Contributions explains the benefits of "catch-up" contributions for participants age 50 and older.
- Matching Contributions illustrates the benefit of matching contributions and pretax contributions.
- Roth 401(k) outlines the benefits of a Roth 401(k) account.
- Dollar Cost Averaging explains one of the basic principles of investing.
- Dangers of Chasing Performance outlines how investments have performed over a ten year period.
- Target Maturity Fund helps participants gain a better understanding of what target maturity funds are and how they work.
- The Cost of Taking a Loan outlines the impact of taking a retirement savings plan loan
- Take-Home Pay illustrates how participating in a retirement savings plan can effect an employee's
To place an order, please log into your account and access eKits.
Investment Choice Information
Investment choice information provides participants with detailed, up-to-date information on each of the investment options available in your plan. This investment choice information can help your participants make informed investment decisions.
These interactive tools offer six ways to help your employees establish a retirement strategy. Employees can figure out how much money they need to save, find out if they're on track, learn how fast their investments can add up, and compare how their retirement account performs against their other plans for saving for retirement.
The asset allocation tool is designed to assist your employees in understanding what asset allocation means and how it can help them establish a retirement strategy to meet their retirement savings goals.
Market Volatility Flyer
The Market Volatility flyer helps participants understand how dollar cost averaging, rebalancing, and long term investing may help minimize volatility in their retirement account. To place an order, please log into your account and access eKits.
The Participant RetireTrack newsletter is published every quarter and provides plan participants with informative articles on retirement planning and investing and market trends, as well as valuable information on current financial and legislative issues. Also available in Spanish.
Approaching Retirement Guide
This online instructional guide is designed for individuals who are 10 years (or closer) to retirement to help them manage their retirement account and help them secure the retirement future they have worked to achieve.
These interactive videos provide basic planning and investing education in a fun and interactive manner.
Wondering what all those investment terms mean? Brush up on your financial lingo by visiting our glossary of common words you'll encounter on your retirement journey.
Our Frequently Asked Questions page offers you help in answering some of the common questions about your retirement plan.